9 Days of Rustic Kyushu, Day 5 (Part 3): Marriage Hotel Bientos

Sunday 2 April 2017



Hotel Bientos

For the first time, I actually have a hotel in Japan that I'm writing a negative review of. And that in itself stuns me because I have been so used to the cleanliness and efficiency of Japanese hospitality.
 
Maybe too used.
Because, otherwise if I were to compare this with the places I've stayed in, in all my travel experiences, it's definitely not the worse.
 
Actually the poorer (since it isn't exactly bad) experience started only after we got to our room. It was the dustiest room I had ever stayed in Japan. And I mean in ALL of my Japan trips combined. Within minutes of stepping in, my nose started reacting.
 
Did I ever share on this blog that my nose is my cleanliness barometer?
I have a sinus allergy and whenever I'm in a place that's too dusty, I can fall ill. There was even once when after I had to move office, I fell sick for an entire week (fever and all) from all the dust and dirt. So, my nose reacting is definitely not a good sign.
 
 


Next thing that stumped us. Apparently, we have to lay out our own futons and duvets. Like I said, perhaps we were too used to the amazing Japanese hospitality. It's not a big deal actually, just something that stumped us because when we asked, we were told that the hotel does not do it.
 
 


The toilets were also incredibly small. How small?
Let's just say that was the best angle I had to try to capture all that's in the toilet.
 
And for someone who's known to be clumsy, that also does not spell good news to me. I definitely bumped myself in the elbow and on the hips that night.
 
 

 
However, the final straw came when we found dirty laundry that was left in the room.
Can you just see how dirty that place is!
 
We asked for someone to come clean the room, but guess what? NO ONE CAME!
In the end, we gave up. It was a good thing that we were only staying that one night.
 
 



Breakfast the next morning was also a pretty dismal affair. The spread was carbs-heavy with the usual breads, pastries and porridge. There were some eggs and sausages but that was about it.
 
The unfortunately thing was, the hotel was pretty isolated. It's like in the middle of nowhere. There's no convenience store nearby so we couldn't top up either.
Coming straight after the wonderful Crowne Plaza ANA Nagasaki Gloverhill that we stayed in Nagasaki, this definitely paled much in comparison.
 
Definitely not a place I'll recommend so I'm not even going to bother putting up their address or anything.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS